The staff members of the Research Division of the NIMH are all academically trained historians. They conduct research into the history of the Netherlands armed forces and operations conducted by foreign armies on (former) Dutch territory. The scope of activities of the NIMH covers the period from the Eighty Years War (1568-1648) up to the present.
In order to reach a wide audience, the NIMH staff members publish the results of their research regularly in the form of scientific articles, books, corps histories, brochures and reviews. These can be obtained from the bookstore and sometimes via the Institute. See the publications overview.
The following titles are being prepared:
- Biography of general Spoor
- Humanitarian Operations of the Netherlands armed forces
- Annual Book of the Royal Netherlands Navy 2007
- Royal Netherlands Marechaussee after 1945
- Royal Netherlands Navy after 1945
- Royal Netherlands Airforce 1951 – 1973
- Military History of the West Indies
- History of the medical troops after 1945
- History of the participation of Dutch units in international operations after 1945
- History of counter-insurgency
- Dutch pilots during World War II
- Airbases in the Netherlands in wartime
- The warship as a sailing company (17th and 18th century)