Research concerning military personnel who served in the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee
The Netherlands Institute of Military History (NIMH) only has few primary sources of information about military personnel of the marechaussee.
The following sources are available, however:
- officers' name and rank lists (1913-1989). The series also contains information on officers of the Royal Netherlands East Indies Army Military Police (KNIL MP).
- a limited number of service records of marechaussee officers.
- personnel documentation.
- name(s) index of Royal Netherlands Marechaussee personnel from 1814-1940.
For genealogical research into former military personnel of the marechaussee born before 1900, you better contact the Central Bureau for Genealogy and the National Archives, both based in The Hague.
There you will find:
- the collection of registers of marechaussee personnel. Those registers contain the service records of personnel.
- registers of military personnel of the former Royal Netherlands East Indies Army Military Police (KNIL MP).
For information about former military personnel born after 1900, you may contact:
Ministry of Defence
BRIOP (Registration and Information on Ex-service Personnel Office)
P.O. Box 7000
6460 NC Kerkrade
Requests for information must contain the date of birth of the person you are looking for. In addition, please include a copy of your identity paper to prove that you are related to that person.
For a service record of military personnel of the KNIL MP, born after 1900 you may contact:
Corporation Administration Indonesion Pensions
P.O. Box 1263
6400 BG Heerlen