Netherlands Institute of Military History
The Netherlands Institute of Military History (NIMH) is a centre of expertise and research, specialised in Dutch military history. The Institute exists to serve all those with an interest in the military past of the Netherlands. Its sphere of activities covers the Dutch armed forces at home and abroad; on land, at sea and in the air, from the Eighty Years War (1568-1648) until now.
The staff of the NIMH:
- administer a unique military history collection;
- make the printed as well as the audiovisual collection accessible for a wide audience;
- publish academic studies;
- provide education at military training institutes and universities;
- provide lectures;
- provide policy advice to the leadership of the Defence organisation;
- contribute to the development of military doctrine.
If you want to delve into the history of the armed forces of the Netherlands, you are invited to visit us and search our unique collections. You are requested to make an appointment by telephone first. You can also send an e-mail to submit a written request for information to the NIMH.