The Royal Netherlands Marechaussee is an organisation with a wide range of tasks, both civil and military. The Marechaussee is dynamic and flexible and is deployed all over the world.
- Installation security;
- Ceremonial duties;
- Personal protection;
- Guarding security transports;
- Civil aviation security.
- Police task at civil airports: maintaining public order, providing assistance and preventing crime.
- Police task for the Ministry of Defence: police force for personnel of the Navy, Army and Air Force. Tasks include police patrols, investigating criminal offences and traffic duties.
- Providing assistance, support and cooperation: The Marechaussee’s Riot Squad provides support to, for instance, the civil police in the event of major public order disturbances.
- Enforcement of aliens legislation:
- border control;
- Mobile Monitoring of Aliens;
- supporting the asylum procedure.
- Criminal investigation: for instance investigations into punishable offences committed by military personnel.
- Peace tasks and international tasks: missions designed to prevent armed conflict or missions to safeguard international peace and security.