Complaints about security checks at airports
One of the tasks of the Enforcement and Monitoring Division of the RNLM Schiphol District is the processing of complaints concerning private security officials employed on behalf of airport operators and tasked with performing security checks on passengers and their hand luggage.
The complaints regulations apply to all airports in the Netherlands. The Enforcement and Monitoring Division handles all complaints concerning the conduct of private security personnel at Dutch airports. For the sake of clarity: these complaints do not concern personnel of the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee.
In order for your complaint to be dealt with properly, it must be signed and include at least the following:
- your name, address, telephone number (by which you can be reached during office hours) and, if available, e-mail address and fax number;
- the date of your complaint;
- a factual and clear description of the actions that your complaint pertains to;
- if possible: the time and place of the incident and your flight number and destination;
- the name(s) and/or personnel number(s) of the security official(s) in question. If you do not know the name(s) of the security official(s) in question, please provide a description which is as detailed as possible.
Please send your letter of complaint by post to:
Royal Netherlands Marechaussee Schiphol District, Enforcement and Monitoring Division
Attn. Complaints Officer
P.O. Box 7577
1118 ZH Luchthaven Schiphol
Or send it by e-mail to: Klachten.HHTZ.KMARSPL@mindef.nl