The Royal Netherlands Army (RNLA) consists of the following elements:
- Royal Netherlands Army Staff: directs and manages the RNLA.
- 11 Airmobile Brigade: the only brigade which has its own air-defence and supply companies.
- 13 Mechanised Brigade: fully equipped combat unit for military operations.
- 43 Mechanised Brigade: fully equipped combat unit for military operations.
- Operational Support Command (Land): provides support to the brigades, including medical support, materiel repair and supplies.
- Commando Corps: deployable at home and abroad for special (reconnaissance) operations.
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal Service: for the detection and clearance of explosive ordnance.
- Operations Training Centre: provides both general and specialist training for the RNLA.
- Defence Ground-Based Air Defence Command: provides ground-based protection of vital Dutch objects, units and areas.
- Royal Netherlands Army Support Group: provides support to the RNLA Staff, including logistic support and catering.
- 1 (German/Netherlands) Corps: The Netherlands provides part of this rapidly deployable multinational headquarters and its communication and information systems battalion.