The Royal Netherlands Army deploys its units for peace and security at home and abroad.
The army’s national tasks are:
- Defending the territory of the Netherlands;
- Providing assistance in the event of a disaster in the Netherlands;
- Providing support to social organisations.
The army’s international tasks are:
- Defending the territory of NATO Allies;
- Peacekeeping or peace-enforcement;
- Humanitarian aid;
- Civil-military cooperation (CIMIC); cooperation between the army and civil organisations.
The army performs its tasks according to the motto 'Deployable worldwide on land for peace and security’.